[Rarebooks] FA: Ezra Pound 'Des Imagistes' -1914

Joslin Hall Rare Books, ABAA office at joslinhall.com
Thu May 11 15:07:19 EDT 2006

We are pleased to be auctioning the original, 1914 edition of this
cornerstone of modern American poetry, offered without reserve, because
reserves make Paula Abdul cry-

<http://tinyurl.com/nlnlx>

"DES IMAGISTES - AN ANTHOLOGY"  Edited by Ezra Pound. Published in New York
by Albert and Charles Boni, 1914.

An important, groundbreaking anthology, chosen by many as the cornerstone
of modern American poetry. Edited by Ezra Pound, this thin volume was the
first collection of Imagist poetry, and included a number of poems by
Richard Aldington & HD (Hilda Doolittle) which preceded their first books.
There are also six poems by Pound, as well as James Joyce (I Hear an Army),
Amy Lowell (In a Garden), Ford Maddox Hueffer (In the Little Old
Market-place), John Cournos (The Rose), William Carlos Williams (Postlude),
F.S. Flint, Skipwith Cannell, and Allen Upward.

After the publication of this anthology Ezra Pound would quarrel with
Flint, and then go on to found the Vorticist poetry movement.

We also have books on Americana, Central America, fishing, gardens, gas
warfare, Victorian fashion, & more-
<http://tinyurl.com/nlnlx>

- - - - - - - - - -

--> Subscribe to our free email News List and get special
      discounts and offers on selected books!

--> See our new "Spring" catalog-
<http://joslinhall.com/catalog_273.htm>

--> Stay up to date daily with our Bookselling blog
<http://foggygates.blogspot.com/>

--> Our full-service website features 86 separate subject
      categories, and has full search capabilities.

courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are $5.00 for the
first book, and $2.00 for each additional book. Shipments outside the U.S.
will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we are notified within ten
days of your receipt of the books-please ask for full instructions and
terms. Massachusetts residents must add 5% state sales tax.