[Rarebooks] Mosher Press Wants

Philip R. Bishop tbmosher at comcast.net
Mon Jun 14 04:22:10 EDT 2004

******** MOSHER BOOKS WANTS LIST ********
(Print out and save)

MOSHER BOOKS began in February 1991 as a retail book firm for selective antiquarian books of all kinds; however, we do also stock books from the firm's namesake -- the Portland, Maine publisher, Thomas Bird Mosher. The firm's owner maintains a personal collection of books from and related to The Mosher Press. The following list contains his collecting interests and the interests of a few clients.
(June 13, 2004)

WANTS AT A GLANCE, PLEASE QUOTE
-- Mosher books in fine highly decorated full leather signed bindings
-- Books from Mosher's library with his bookplate or inscription
-- Letters to / from Thomas Bird Mosher
-- Mosher books printed on real vellum*
-- Extra-illustrated / watercolored copies of the Mosher Books

Also seeking T. B. Mosher's personal set of Bell's British Theatre, 34 vols. British Library / Strand, [1790-1799]. 18mo.; bound in calf; with the name "Jane Sonntag" written in it (I'm probably the only one who knows in what volumes the name appears so I'll know the authentic set when I see it).
Here are the titles I'm still looking for:

THE BIBELOT Japan vellum copies only, including individual volumes from 1895-1915.

HOMEWARD: SONGS BY THE WAY A. E. (Miscellaneous Series), 1895 (Japan vellum copy only).

KENT, ROCKWELL, substituted a new title page with an original illustration for none other than a Mosher book. Find the copy of the Old World Series: Mosher's Tristan and Iseult, 1923. Small octavo, the Mosher Press edition of 1922, with title page and binding removed, an inserted title page or colophon saying printed at the Lakeside Press under the supervision of Wm A. Kittredge, and bound there in full maroon niger and binding design by Kent stamped in gold.

LIST OF BOOKS, MDCCCXCIV - List of Books Issued in Limited Editions, 1894.

LITTLE WILLIE by Eugene Field (Boston: Privately Printed, 1904).

IN MEASURED LANGUAGE E. C. Cummings (Privately Printed), 1899.

IN MEMORIAM [Jane Anne Bell] (Privately Printed for Arthur Sewall), 1917.

MEMORIES OF PRESIDENT LINCOLN Whitman (Miscellaneous Series) 1912. 1/10 on Roman vellum bound in classic vellum.

PEARL: Rendered into Modern English Verse S. Weir Mitchell (Privately Printed), 1908.

VENETIAN SERIES Any Japan vellum except Siena, Wilde's The Sphinx, and A Masque of Dead Florentines unless in very fine condition.

VERSES AND A DREAM Printed for Josephine B. Pressey (Privately Printed), 1922. 1/3 copies

WORKS OF ARTHUR SYMONS: A Bibliographical Note T.B.M. (Privately Printed), 1912. 1/5 copies.
* PLEASE NOTE: Of the Mosher books printed on animal vellum, I am NOT seeking any of those from what is called the "Lyric Garland Series," unless it is somehow VERY distinctive.

Philip R. Bishop
MOSHER BOOKS        (member ABAA & ILAB, listed on ABE)
P. O. Box 111
Millersville, PA  17551-0111        U.S.A.
717-872-9209
tbmosher at comcast.net