[Rarebooks] FS: Americana/Genealogy/Walter H. Page

Gerard Gormley gerard at shore.net
Mon Jun 28 19:13:00 EDT 2004

For your kind consideration ---

Two volumes in the biography of Walter H. Page

Hendrick, Burton J~.  THE LIFE AND LETTERS OF WALTER H. PAGE~.
Garden City NY, USA: Doubleday, Page & Company, 1923.  Keywords:
2-volume sets with DJs very, very hard to find -- Americana --
American History -- Biography & Memoirs --  Genealogy --
Illustrated --  Illustrated (photos) -- Journalism -- Literature
-- Military-War-Spy -- Non-Fiction -- Politics & Government --
Sets -- Travel-Description-Exploration -- Walter H. Page
(1855-1918), American journalist & diplomat, was the Page in
Doubleday, Page, & played an important role in World War I as
American Ambassador to Great Britain -- English language.  Set
complete in 2 volumes.  Later printings.  Hardcover.  Pale blue
dust jackets present, price intact (front flaps read, 'Per set of
2 volumes, Price net $10').  Third volume published 1925.  Fourth
volume (See my book #2333) published 1928.  436 & 437 pages:
Appendix & Index (Volume II), black & white photographs &
portraits (13 each volume).  Binding height: 9-1/2".   Publisher's
full cloth, gilt, top leaf-edges gilt , other leaf-edges uncut, a
few bolts unopened.  Volume I Near Fine: lightest rubbing to
spine-top, lightest bumping to spine-bottom, spine very slightly
faded.  Volume II Near Fine: light bumping to top fore-corners,
spine very slightly faded, light foxing to some pages.  Both
bindings strong & tight, all gilt bright, insides Fine.  Volume I
dust jacket Good: moderate chipping to fore-corners, front flap
fold (2"), spine (3/4" center & 1" top), & top back edge (1/2");
1/2" closed tears to bottom-back/front; spine sun-darkened.
Volume II dust jacket Very Good: light foxing to lower third of
front, moderate chipping to fore-corners, spine (3/8" bottom,
1/8" center & several 1/4" chips to top), & top back edge; 1/2"
closed tears to top-back/front; spine sun-darkened.  [Digital
JPEG image (5.5) available on request].  Price is for set of 2.
2334~.  US$96.-

                Gerard Gormley Books
                COLLECTIBLE BOOKS -- USED & RARE
                7 Washington Street
                Manchester-by-the-Sea MA 01944-1528 (USA)
                TEL: 978-526-7351
               E-mail: gerard at shore.net
                http://www.shore.net/~gerard
Please note that my descriptions are brutally frank; if anything,
I want you pleasantly surprised by my books.  JPEG digital images
available on request.   I accept MasterCard, Visa, & Discover cards;
also checks & money orders, payable to Gerard Gormley Books, in
US funds drawn on US banks.  (I bill institutions.)  Full refund for
books returned in as-shipped condition within 2 weeks of ship-date;
if my fault, I also reimburse you for return postage.  I ship in 24 hours.
Shipment value $50 or less, weight  2 lb. or less: Priority $7 first book,
$3.50 each additional.  Media Mail $4 most books.  Over $50, preceding
plus insurance, quoted at order entry.  Shipping also quoted for books
over 2 lb. & foreign addresses.  Please email or telephone to hold.  I
hold books 10 days for collectors, 3 weeks for dealers.  I appreciate
your business & aim to satisfy you in every way.
         Incoming & outgoing mail is certified Virus Free
         by Norton System Works 2002.