[Rarebooks] Rare Religious Tract

Gil Mott gilmott at snet.net
Fri Jun 11 19:56:31 EDT 2004

Burnes, William. A Manual of Religious Belief Composed By William Burnes
(the Poet's Father) for the Instruction of His Children. Kilmarnock: M'Kie &
Drennan, 1875. First edition. Paper-covered boards soiled, worn at edges.
Paragraph on Burns' (the poet's) religion from Brooke's "Theology in the
English Poets" pasted inside front cover.  Bookplate on ffep.  Note on TP
identifying author of the biographical preface as James Gibson, editor of
the "Burns Calendar". Note on dedication page identifying the dedicatee,
Gilbert Burns, as the youngest son of the poet's brother (also Gilbert).
Frontis is a facsimile of a letter from the author, with tissue guard.
Marginal pencil notes on 1 page, adding death dates to the names of William
Burnes' children.  Interior clean.  Tight.  50 (l) pp.  No. 371 of 600
copies printed.   Hardbound. Very Good/no DJ.  (24949) $200.00

Gil Mott

GH Mott, Bookseller
135 Keeler Drive
Ridgefield, CT  06877
203-730-2667

203-730-2655 (fax)

gilmott at snet.net

We are happy to accept orders via phone, fax or email.

Shipping is charged at cost.  We accept  checks, Visa, MasterCard or Paypal.
Connecticut residents please add 6% sales tax.

Books may be returned within 10 days.

Gil Mott
135 Keeler Drive
Ridgefield, CT  06877